Wednesday 22 August 2012

A Seaside Postcard


Today's card uses two of my favorite Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets, Vintage Postcard and The Sea.  It seems a perfect pairing, considering many people send home beautiful postcards of their vacation destinations by the sea!  
I also used the set Light of Christmas to add some script bg to the left side of the postcard.  Because I wanted the edges of my stamping to fade out, I wiped away ink around the edges of the stamps before stamping.
The dp and cardstock have been sponged with Ranger Distress Scattered Straw and Frayed Burlap for a distressed look.  I used a post-it-note cut with a Spellbinders circle to mask a sun behind the sailboat.  The seam binding has been sprayed with water and crinkled up.
The layout is thanks to Korin, who gave it to us for today's Sketch Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!
Supplies include:
Stampin Up Daffodil Delight cardstock
Stampin Up Vintage Buttons
October Afternoon dp
Ranger Distress Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap ink
Stampin Up distressing tool
Sewing machine
Stampin Up seam binding
Stampin Up Cool Caribbean, Night of Navy, Baja Breeze ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles small

4 comments:

KimCreate said...

Fabulous!!!!
Kim

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely post card Bridget! love the colors, that wonderful ocean scene and pretty ribbon!

Susie said...

This is a stunning card, Bridget. My husband and I were looking at this together this morning. He was very interested in how you created all the pieces. I also loved idea of stamping the script to the left of the postcard - wonderful idea. All-in-all it's a top notch piece of art.

Hugs,
Susie ~

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh my...this is such a creative idea and such a gorgeous card! LOVE this design!