Friday 12 April 2013

Sun Kissed Flowering Tree


 
 I don't think we're going to get much sun here in Northern Ireland today, so I had to create mine on a card! 
I made this inspired by the beautiful Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger photo Magical Magnolias:
 
 
I was intrigued by the mix of pink with tiny touches of yellow which I don't use together much, but I went for it head first!  There's plenty of milky white in the photo, so I kept a fair bit of clean, white space!
I masked a strip with post-it-notes before sponging in Stampin Up's Barely Banana and Blushing Bride. I also masked a sun with a small circle from Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles.
I created the tree using several die-cuts from Memory Box's Woodland Branch die, then added some layered flowers using Martha Stewards hydrangea punch and a Tonic punch with tiny star shaped flowers. The sentiments if from Taylored Expressions Discover Your Wings set.
My card also fits the Free for All Challenge at Splitcoaststampers today - Let the Sun Shine In - to use sun or something sunny on your card!

10 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Bridget! I love the coloured background, and all the texture!

Michelle said...

stunning! such a gorgeous design!

Jingle said...

This is super pretty!

Diane said...

What a pretty Spring design you have created Bridget. Love the colors.

Regards diane

Karen Davis said...

This is so fresh and pretty

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Bridget! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty, I love your spring time card! Reminds me that it is spring, (Even though it's quite chilly where I live today...smile)

StephInOK said...

What a beautiful card! :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful use of inspiration! Stunning card!!
:)

Petti said...

Stunning design!