Monday 16 September 2013

Faux 14 Carat



A clean and simple card with plenty of gold embossing!
 I used two or three layers of gold embossing ink and powder for the leaves (Joy Craft) and the sentiment (Papertrey Ink Counting My Blessings). 
 If you're trying this with small leaves such as these I suggest using tweezers, and heat embossing one end first, then do the other end.  I pressed the leaves into the gold ink pad before sprinkling with the embossing powder.
Make sure to do any bending, curling or shaping of the leaves first, the finished product will crack if you try to do it afterwards.  
The background was created using Creative Expressions Lattice embossing folder.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Lin said...

WOW, Bridget, what a beauty; love how your card turned out! It is perfect for the Moxie Fab World "All that Glitters is Gold" challenge:
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/09/the-all-that-glitters-is-gold-challenge.html

Wanda Cullen said...

So classy and so elegant! Love the gold against the textured white BG!

My Happy Place by Vanessa said...

Beautiful card!

~ Vanessa

My Happy Place by Vanessa said...

Beautiful card!

~ Vanessa