Sunday 16 March 2014

Rainbow Butterflies


Rainbow colors and butterflies really appeal to 
me, so this was a fun one to make!   I'm hosting the 
and here is the lovely card by Diana Nguyen which inspired me.
(ETA: I am editing this post to enter the Moxie Fab World
Styling with Stencils Challenge!)
I used one of the bookmark dies from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps 
Bookmarks and More Dies to 
create the tag - I love how by just cutting the die-cut down on 
one end, and hey presto, you have a tag!  
This works with either one of the bookmark dies.
I stamped the butterflies from SNSS Majestic Monarchs using various 
Stampin Up inks. I created a small black frame using a paper cutter, 
and a little trim with small scissors along the rounded bit at the top.  
Twine and gingham ribbon were added to finish off the tag.
Then it was on to the background.  I used some magic mesh as a stencil, 
sponging the rainbow colours across in diagonal lines.
The sentiments are from SNSS Precious Poppies.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, have a wonderful Sunday!

4 comments:

Hannelie said...

Your rainbow butterflies look so beautiful combined with the black gingham!
... and a fab background too!
Have a great week Bridget!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a beautiful card. So colorful and cheery!

I had a wonderful time yesterday attending a stamp show...and you have given me several ideas how to use my new supplies...so thanks for the inspiration!

Irish Cherokee said...

Absolutely beautiful Bridget. Like the rainbow splash of bright colors.

Kathy Jones said...

SQUEEEEEE!!!! I feel like I'm on happiness overload!! This card is so bright and happy - love, love, love it!! :)